Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm sure this will only enhance your appreciation for these world class athletes

The Science of Curling


Researchers are examining the sport in an effort to identify the techniques that improve an athlete's performance, asking questions similar to what most spectators likely ponder when watching the sport: "what does good look like in curling?"

Vigorous bouts of sweeping can raise the heart rate to 170-200 beats per minute, and over the course of a long tournament fatigue can accumulate.

I think I'll just continue to get enjoyment watching the snow plows doing our streets. They move more snow.

Forget the innovation in trying to find a better mousetrap; now, it's finding a better curling broom. I wonder if I could get a grant researching the complexities and affects on the body of making snowmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment