Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tom Barnard to leave KQ morning show

The staple of Twin Cities morning radio, Tom Barnard, has announced he will be leaving the wildly popular KQ92 Morning Show.

Tom made the announcement via his Facebook page:

I wanted all of the great listeners of the K.Q. morning show to hear it directly from me. I will be leaving the Morning show on Dec. 21, 2012. That will give the show enough time to find out who should host the show as my role begins to diminish in the last few months of 2012. They can continue on for many years after I leave with their abilities and talents.

I want to thank all of the people who supported the show over the years. You gave my family the life we have and we are very grateful to you for it. You really are the best in the business. As Christopher Guest would say "let's just do a good show!" for the next 39 months.


This show has been a fixture in my morning commute since the fall of 1987, when I was beginning my freshman year of college. To think of the KQ Morning Show without "Tommy B" is definitely a lot to process.

There's a more detailed post that I'll have to put together later on.

1 comment:

  1. The sad part is, even though it's still 39 months away, it will be here before we know it. All of a sudden we'll think, what the hell, those last 39 months went by fast.

    ReplyDelete