Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow on the ground in MN, you know what this means

It's time to make our picks for the date the first snowmobiler will go through the ice on a MN lake.

I've done this in the past, but a few years I thought about in late November. With global warming, I figure I better get a jump on it. Ice will probably start forming within the next few weeks.

So, leave a comment with your pick on the date. We won't narrow it down to the first dimwit who dies falling through the ice; we'll just make it the first dimwit who loses his snowmobile on the bottom of a lake period.

I'll set up a list in the sidebar once dates start coming in.

8 comments:

  1. Snow on the ground in Colorado means it's Rockies playoff time. So sad for the Twinkies when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My call: surprisingly, no dunked snowmobiles this fall/winter. The first dope will be during the spring thaw -- appropriately, on April 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you know my pick once I find out when Lake Woebegone is expected to freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ides of December. (that's the 15th, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the calender year 2009?
    Well, I watched a few go down at the water skipping up north on Vermilion on March 21, 28, and April 4 & 11. It's really not that big a deal, at least most of the time. Heck, I even had my Dad water skipping over about a 300 foot stretch!!! But I also had a buddy go down in 15 feet under the bridge. He got wet AND cold. Used a fishing boat to hook the sled and a wheeler winch to pull it out.

    For the 2009/10 season?
    December 5th

    ReplyDelete