Saturday, April 10, 2010

Boone & Crockett Wine

Wine Club last Wednesday

One of the wines we tasted was from Fess Parker

King Of The Wild Frontier
"If any of you were like me, you were a fan of Fess Parker's portrayals of both frontier heroes and probably had a coonskin cap,too. I still have mine (I think), though it doesn't fit any more.

I haven't seen anything in the media, but a phone call today informed me that Fess has passed away."

How more American can you get than mom, apple pie, Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone; or G.O.M. for that matter.

Fess passed away on March 18, 2010.



Nice wine for a great price.
I bought a few bottles. And the wife likes Rieslings. ;^)

Here's to you, Fess.

3 comments:

  1. despite my heritage, i am not a wine drinker at all, but i've heard that fess put out a darn good wine (he wouldnt say 'damn').

    my wife asked her dad if he happened to have an autographed bottle. he didnt. he just has his autograph on decades worth of birthday cards and correspondance, but he imagines a signed bottle might be worth some money to somebody...
    but not to him.

    too weak to attend the funeral,he's still taken it hard. they were so close for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gino, I'm speechless, I'm not sure what to say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Maybe we could launch a line of Lewis & Clark wine coolers to replace Bartles & Jaymes. We'd just have to use grumpier old men in the commercials.

    "Thank you for your support. Now get off my lawn!"

    ReplyDelete